Here are some movies that I can watch over and over again and never get bored:
- Aliens (1986). Favorite quote: You know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse. You don’t see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage. - Ripley.
- Gladiator (2000). Favorite quote: Strength and honor. -Maximus.
- Princess Mononoke (1997). Favorite quote: Cut off a wolf’s head and it still has the power to bite. -Lady Eboshi.
- The Departed (2006). Favorite quote: She fell funny. -Frank Costello. See also.
- From dusk Till Dawn (1996). Favorite quote: Welcome to slavery. -Santanico Pandemonium.
- Heat (1995). Favorite quote: I’m angry. I’m very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband’s dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my fucking television set! -Vincent.
- Predator (1987). Favorite fact: Sonny Landham (the actor who played Billy) had a body guard with him on set at all times to protect the other actors from Sonny. :-)
- Duplicity (2009). Favorite quote: I believe, Ms. Stenwick, in corporate evolution. I believe that the corporation that is first, that is the most, has an opportunity to manufacture with the highest frequency and in the most desirable markets, and that its shareholders, by extension, have the greatest chance of survival and reinvestment. -Howard.
- [link] Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Any%. By Narcissa Wright at AGDQ 2013. Best exploit run (explained) ever.
- [link] Super Metroid, Any%. 4-way race (by Ivan, Zoast, Krauser and Garrison at AGDQ 2014; shout-outs to Sinister1 and Golden for a great commentary). Best race ever.
After using a Web 1.0 layout for a long time, I ported my personal website to its current (this) format. The template is a fork taken from The Allen Lab. Moving everything (e.g., papers) to markup was painful, but already seems worth it. Jekyll is great. If you are on the market for a framework to drive your site, I highly recommend.